This is a general overview and discussion of the benefits of mindfulness practice and modified mindful yoga as taught here. We will review research that will help us understand how practice an be appropriately modified for folks with various chronic pain challenges. Books and audio books by authors such as Dr. Lauren Fishman MD and Jon Kabat-Zinn will be reviewed and discussed.
FYI: You may want to make an evening of it in downtown Hillsboro with a friend or dear one. There are many wonderful restaurants/venues a short stroll from my classrooms:
- Insomnia Coffee at Main and 3rd downtown Hillsboro
- Syun, 209 NE Lincoln (503 640-3131) superb Japanese
- Pizzario, 337 East Main (503 693-7953) Italian
- Primrose and Tumbleweeds, 248 East Main (503 703-8525) good food, large wine selection and nice atmosphere
- McNally’s Taproom, 370 East Main (503 268-1429) food and brews
- Virundhu South Indian Cuisine, 180 E. Main Street #105, Hillsboro OR 503-372-9628. Outstanding Mediterranean fusion