Forgive my thoughtlessness. This summer it dawned on me that the 2000 people in Yoga Hillsboro’s student community list may want to share time with one another about the challenges, joys and successes of healing and staying well. After all, that is why we all show up here: learning and sharing how we might heal and stay well from in inside out!
It turns out that many doctors and therapists are in our community of students and would also be willing to learn and share something about what they know.
So . . . here we go! On a Saturday evening we will gather here. The theme at this Gathering will be Meeting Illness with Courage & Kindness.
Bring two things: 1) a question about how how you might be able to meet, deal with a difficlut diagnosis, 2) something to say about how you or someone you know met illness with courage and kindness.
We have the good fortune to have Dr. Kathy Alvarez, MD of Partners in Wellness willing to come that evening and share her experiences with us.
All welcome to this event. Register to RSVP because there is limited space. Saturday, October 21st; 5-6:30pm. Hope to share this with you! — Brant
You may want to share the evening with a loved one. —
THERE ARE SOME LOVELY RESTAURANTS AND VENUES IN DOWNTOWN HILLSBORO A SHORT WALK FROM MY CLASSROOMS.
- Aybla Grill, 180 E. Main Street #105, Hillsboro OR 503-372-9628. Outstanding Mediterranean fusion
- Insomnia Coffee Company. Open early and late in downtown Hillsboro. Good beverages, pastries, and wifi. Good place to informally hang out
- Syun, 209 NE Lincoln (503 640-3131) superb Japanese
- Pissario, 337 East Main (503 693-7953) Italian
- Primrose and Tumbleweeds, 248 East Main (503 703-8525) good food, large wine selection and nice atmosphere
- McNally’s Taproom, 370 East Main (503 268-1429) food and brews