Please review this entire application if you decide to apply for the course complete the application form below.
The instructor will answer all of your questions at an MBSR Orientation Session, at your interview, or via phone, email, or via this Contact Form
- An Orientation
- Instructor interview
- The application process
- 22 hours of class time (2-3 hours one day per week for 8 weeks)
- A Saturday or Sunday all-day retreat (about 6 hours)
- Your commitment to do practice each day you are not in class during the Program: up to 45 minutes
- Classroom learning and practice of:
- Gentle mindful movement and adaptive yoga
- Body scan meditation
- Sitting meditation
- Walking meditation
- Mindful breathing practice
- Group dialogue
- Interpersonal learning
- Commit to attendance and completion of home practice.
- Interview with an MBSR instructor.
- Complete and submit the contact form.
- Pay tuition or arranging a payment plan with the instructor.
- If you are currently in treatment for some condition that may affect your ability to participate in this Program consult with your doctor or psychotherapist to get their referral for MBSR prior to the course.
- have them provide their written or direct referral to the MBSR instructor.
- give your doctor or psychotherapist permission to talk with your MBSR instructor in order to support you appropriately.
Who can attend the Program:
- I welcome anyone willing to become collaborators in their own health to apply to enter this course. The MBSR instructor will work with you to determine the right time and right way to attend a course.
- People from many walks of life who understand the aims, limitations, and commitments of the course are welcome to apply. People come to MBSR courses for diversity of reasons and with many lifestyles. They may be triathletes or frail and on crutches or in wheelchairs. They may work in a busy office or may be raising children. Folks may enter this course during periods of grieving or life transition. Others come because they are curious about mindfulness practice. People enter this course for many reasons and with many ways of living.
- It may be appropriate for some in active medical or psychiatric treatment to delay MBSR training at this time. If it seems appropriate to the MBSR instructor the final decisions about when an applicant can attend an MBSR course is subject to the teacher’s consultations with the student, their doctor, psychotherapist or other healthcare provider. This is often needed for folks with active substance abuse issues, acute psychiatric diagnoses, or acute medical problems. Let’s have that conversation if you wish. The MBSR instructor is neither a physician nor a psychotherapist. He/she is a teacher and cannot/will not pursue any diagnosis or treatment regimen.
How to attend:
- You’ll be provided with a link to the Zoom sessions for MBSR this term.
- I will invite you to set up your space for class with appropriate props; chairs, blankets, cushions, and other props to help you find an appropriate level of safety and comfort.
- You will be sitting for periods on cushions on the floor or in a chair. You will be standing, walking, or laying on the floor in a way that will accommodate your physical limitations. Attend sessions wearing comfortable clothing that will accommodate these activities.
- Up to 30 people attend an 8-Week MBSR Program.
- With your registration you’ll be included in online yoga classes of your choice: See Schedule as well as the Shared Meditation Evenings at 9pm each night and certain workshops if you wish as a way of doing home practice. Also, once the stay-at-home order has lifted you wil be my guest at a subsequent, in-person All Day MBSR Retreat.
Once you have thoroughly reviewed the information above and the general elements of MBSR please review the informed consent paragraph below and if appropriate complete the applicant form and submit.
Informed Consent: Please thoroughly review this before submitting your application.
Before competing the MBSR Application Form below thoroughly review the risks and benefits of the MBSR course as outlined above and in you communications with the MBSR instructor. The course includes skill training in relaxation and meditation methods as well as gentle stretching (yoga) exercises. During the course you will be asked to practice these appropriate to your abilities only. You understand that if for any reason you are unable to, or think it unwise to engage in these techniques and exercises either during the weekly sessions or at home, you are under no obligation to engage in these techniques nor will you hold Yoga Hillsboro and the Stress Reduction Clinic or the instructors liable for any injuries incurred from these exercises. You will always be invited to ask questions and opt in or opt out of any activities in the MBSR course. This course is designed to help you learn these skills appropriately and to never to push beyond you capabilities. This course is in no way a substitute for medical care or psychotherapy. If it was appropriate for medical or psychotherapeutic reasons as listed above you have consulted with your physician and/or therapist about you ability to participate in this program. You have obtained their agreement to enter the program and their willingness to support me as appropriate for the duration of the course. You have provided the MBSR teacher with all relevant information about my medical and psychotherapeutic care.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Application Form
The fields with red stars * are required. The others are recommended and will help the instructor and you enter the course with a better sense of understand and commitment. If you have read the crouse information above and understand the Informed Consent paragraph above to be an accurate reflection of your intentions and commitments then you may complete and submit the MBSR application form below. Reach out to the instructor with any question whatsoever so as to support you: Contact