Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-Week Program Online
- Attend an optional, free 90 minute Orientation Session (dates below). These are open for anyone with interest in the training.
- Complete a brief interview with the instructor before or after the Orientation or at some prearranged time.
- Provide the instructor with a completed online or written MBSR Application.
- 22 hours of class time (2 to 2.5 hours one day per week for 8 weeks plus Brant’s yoga classes or mindfulness sessions and workshops that come with your registration). Meeting each Thursday, 6 until about 8pm: April 16th through June 4th.
- A Sunday silent retreat: May 24th ; 10am to 5pm.
- Your commitment to do homework each day you are not in class during the Program: 45 minutes
- Tuition is $290 for applications processed until one week prior the first day of MBSR class at the Orientation and then tuition increases to $360.
- You will be Brant’s guest in his online Mindful Yoga Classes and Shared Meditation Evenings as well as workshops during the term as part of your home practice and learning. Also, you will be my guest at any subsequent All-Day MBSR Retreat once the stay-at-home order is done.
- Payment plans and partial scholarships can be arranged for those with limited means. Especially during this difficult time of corona virus, layoffs, and society change I will always find a way to admit you to class if you know this will be supportive. Contact the instructor for details.
- Classroom learning and practice of:
- Gentle, adaptive mindful movement
- Body scan meditation
- Sitting meditation
- Walking meditation
- Mindful breathing practice
- Group dialogue
- Interpersonal learning
- If you are currently in active treatment with an acute condition consult with your doctor, therapist or psychotherapist to provide the MBSR instructor their written or emailed recommendation/referral for MBSR prior to the beginning of the course. You may be asked to give your doctor or psychotherapist permission to talk with your MBSR instructor in order to support you appropriately. Participants often do this to better include their healthcare providers as partners in the learning process.
The MBSR training is held online this term.
Free MBSR Orientation Dates (Come as my guest, no tuition):
If you are ready begin Online Booking