Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: Stay-at-Home (MBSR-SH) Course Online
My traditional MBSR course, the one I have taught here for the past 12 years, has been adapted to the unique challenges and advantages of this era. It was devised for ease of access and relevance, availability and diversity of class-learning with me beyond the weekly MBSR sessions, and support of long-term learning.
Below are the details of this training, MBSR-SH. Use the Contact Form to advise Brant of your interests and ask questions or if you want to register for the course complete the MBSR Online Registration Form:
- After reviewing the details of the course below complete the online MBSR Application. With the advice of your instructor complete the written application if you are unable to completed online. Then. . .
- Complete a brief interview with Brant at some prearranged time. Reach out to him to arrange this.
- This course will be many hours of class time (1-1.5 hours one day per week for 8 weeks. Plus. . .
- As part of your learning you are welcome to attend any of Brant’s relevant-level yoga classes, the nightly Shared Meditation Evenings, and Brant’s workshops. These all come with your registration and are an additional, optional way of practicing and learning.
- There will be an MBSR Welcome Evening on Thursday, April 16th; 6 until about 7pm for those who have registered for the course.
- For the course we will be meeting each Thursday, 6 until a little after 7pm: April 23rd through June 4th.
- The Thursday, May 28th class will be and extended 2.5 hour mini-retreat class; 6 until about 8:30pm
- Please make a commitment to do home practice each day you are not in class during the Program; 45 minutes. Home practice is at the heart of learning in this course
- Tuition is $250 for those who have applied by the MBSR Welcome Evening on Thursday April 16th. After that tuition is $320.
- Also, you will be Brant’s guest at a subsequent All-Day MBSR Retreat once the Governor’s stay-at-home order is rescinded.
- Payment plans and partial scholarships can be arranged for those with limited means. Especially during this difficult time of corona virus, layoffs, and society change I will always find a way to admit you to class if you know this is, without-a-doubt, the right time. Contact Brant for details.
- There will be classroom learning and practice of: Gentle, adaptive mindful movement, Body scan meditation, Sitting meditation, Walking meditation, Mindful breathing practice, Group dialogue, Interpersonal learning
- If you are currently in active treatment with an acute condition consult with your doctor, therapist or psychotherapist to provide the MBSR instructor their written or emailed recommendation/referral for MBSR prior to the beginning of the course. You may be asked to give your doctor or psychotherapist permission to talk with your MBSR instructor in order to support you appropriately. Participants often do this to better include their healthcare providers as partners in the learning process.
- The MBSR training is held online this term. You will be provided a Zoom link once you have registered.