Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-Week Program
This Saturday training is a good choice for those who commute from greater Portalnd or who ride the Max with two stations within blocks of the downtown Hillsboro classroom.
The 8-Week MBSR Program is an experiential learning course developed 30 years ago as a complement to self-care, medical care and therapy.
Here are the details of this training:
- Complete a brief interview.
- Provide the instructor with a completed MBSR application
- 22 hours of class time (2.5 hours one day per week for 8 weeks). Meeting each Saturday, 2-4:30pm: September 29th through November 17th with these exceptions: Saturday, October 27th there is an extended class from 2-6pm. Also, the all-afternoon/evening Silent Retreat will be on Saturday, November 3rd from 2pm to 8:30pm.
- Your commitment to do homework each day you are not in class during the Program: 45 minutes
- Tuition is $290 until one week prior to the first class for those who have completed the application and interview process. Thereafter the late tuition is $360.
- You will be Brant’s guest in his mindful yoga classes during the term as part of your home practice.
- Payment plans and partial scholarships might be arranged for those with limited means. Contact the instructor for details.
- Classroom learning and practice of:
- Gentle, adaptive mindful movement
- Body scan meditation
- Sitting meditation
- Walking meditation
- Mindful breathing practice
- Group dialogue
- Interpersonal learning
- If you are currently in active treatment with an acute condition consult with your doctor, therapist or psychotherapist to provide the MBSR instructor their written or emailed recommendation/referral for MBSR prior to the beginning of the course. You may be asked to give your doctor or psychotherapist permission to talk with your MBSR instructor in order to support you appropriately. Participants often do this to better include their healthcare providers as partners in the learning process.
The MBSR training is held in the instructor’s well-equipped, safe and comfortable classrooms.
To register for the program you must 1) complete a brief interview with the instructor and 2) complete and submit the application.
Free Orientation Dates;
FYI – THERE ARE SOME LOVELY RESTAURANTS AND VENUES IN DOWNTOWN HILLSBORO A SHORT WALK FROM MY CLASSROOMS. You may want to arrive early to miss traffic or stay late for a nice meal before going home:
- Virundhu, 180 E. Main Street #105, Hillsboro OR 503-372-9628. Outstanding Mediterranean fusion
- Insomnia Coffee Company. Open early and late in downtown Hillsboro. Good beverages, pastries, and wifi. Good place to informally hang out
- Syun, 209 NE Lincoln (503 640-3131) superb Japanese
- Pissario, 337 East Main (503 693-7953) Italian
- Primrose and Tumbleweeds, 248 East Main (503 703-8525) good food, large wine selection and nice atmosphere
- McNally’s Taproom, 370 East Main (503 268-1429) food and brews
- Starbucks at First and Main right near the courthouse a couple of blocks away