Oliver Sacks was a neurologist, naturalist, historian of science, and prolific author. Dr. Sacks noted that he believed that the human brain is the “most incredible thing in the universe. He became famous for writing numerous books about his patients’ disorders and experiences dealing with the most challenging neurologic problems; alzheimer’s disease, brain injury, tumors, huntington’s chorea, schizophrenia, and much more. His prolific work includes may best selling books: Oliver Sacks Books.
Let’s spend part of an evening reflecting on the stories and books of his we have read! Free and open to all. Do please RSVP.
I hope to see you here. It’s informal, friendly and open. — Brant
FYI – THERE ARE SOME LOVELY RESTAURANTS AND VENUES IN DOWNTOWN HILLSBORO A SHORT WALK FROM MY CLASSROOMS. You may want to arrive early to miss traffic or stay late for a nice meal before going home:
- Virundhu, 180 E. Main Street #105, Hillsboro OR 503-372-9628. Outstanding Southern Indian food.
- Insomnia Coffee Company. Open early and late in downtown Hillsboro. Good beverages, pastries, and wifi. Good place to informally hang out
- Syun, 209 NE Lincoln (503 640-3131) superb Japanese
- Pizzario, 337 East Main (503 693-7953) Italian
- Primrose and Tumbleweeds, 248 East Main (503 703-8525) good food, large wine selection and nice atmosphere
- McNally’s Taproom, 370 East Main (503 268-1429) food and brews
- Starbucks at First and Main right near the courthouse a couple of blocks away