Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: Stay-at-Home (MBSR-SH) Course Online (For summer term modified to Mindfulness-Based Group Coaching – Four sessions; July 10 & 24th, August 7 & 21)
PLEASE NOTE: registration comes with an All-Class, Workshop & Series Pass for a full learning experience this summer.
My traditional MBSR course, the one I have taught here for the past 12 years, has been adapted to the unique challenges and advantages of this staying-at-home era. It was devised for ease of access and relevance, availability and diversity of class-learning beyond the weekly MBSR sessions and support of long-term learning. Please know that this course has far less of the drudgery of typical online classes and more attentive guided personal mindfulness practices which are far less stressful than most online learning.
Below are the details of this training, MBSR-SH. Use the Contact Form to advise Brant of your interests and ask questions.
- After reviewing the details of the course below complete the online MBSR Application . With the advice of your instructor complete the written application if you are unable to completed online. Then. . .
- Complete a brief conversation with Brant at some prearranged time. Reach out to him to arrange this.
- This course will be many hours of class time (2 hours one day per week) for 8 weeks. Plus. . .
- As part of your learning you are welcome to attend one of Brant’s relevant-level mindfulness-based yoga classes or sessions each week, the Shared Meditation Evenings, and Brant’s workshops. These all come with your registration and are additional, optional ways of practicing and learning making this a comprehensive learning experience. Generous depth and breadth of learning is the intention with this offering. Details will be available after your registration.
- There will be a free MBSR Orientation on Saturday June 26th; 2pm for those interested in the course.
- For the course we will be meeting each Saturday from 2 to about 4pm.
- The sixth class will be and extended up to 3 hour mini-silent-retreat class; 6 until as late as 9pm
- Please make a commitment to do home practice each day you are not in class during the Program; up to 45 minutes. Home practice is at the heart of learning in this course
- Tuition is $250 for those who have applied by the Orientation day. After that tuition is $320.
- Also, you will be Brant’s guest at a subsequent All-Day MBSR Retreat once we are able to resume in-person classes.
- Payment plans and partial scholarships can be arranged for those with limited means. Especially during this difficult time of corona virus, layoffs, and society change I will always find a way to admit you to class if you know this is, without-a-doubt, the right time. Contact Brant for details.
- There will be classroom learning and practice of: Gentle, adaptive mindful movement, Body scan meditation, Sitting meditation, Walking meditation, Mindful breathing practice, Group dialogue, Interpersonal learning
- If you are currently in active treatment with an acute condition consult with your doctor, therapist or psychotherapist to provide the MBSR instructor their written or emailed recommendation/referral for MBSR prior to the beginning of the course. You may be asked to give your doctor or psychotherapist permission to talk with your MBSR instructor in order to support you appropriately if you and your healthcare provider believe it would be helpful. Participants often do this to better include their healthcare providers as partners in the learning process.
- The MBSR training is held online this term. You will be provided a Zoom link for the full 8-week course once you have completed booking the course.
To enter the MBSR program you must 1) complete a brief conversation with the instructor 2) Complete an online MBSR Application 3) after these you will be provided instructions for booking your reservation and payment of tuition.
Questions about MBSR? Learn more or contact Brant. MBSR Orientations are helpful though not required.