Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: Stay-at-Home (MBSR-SH) Course Online
My traditional MBSR course, the one I have taught here for the past 15 years, has been adapted to the unique challenges and advantages of this staying-at-home era. It was devised for ease of access and relevance, availability and diversity of class-learning beyond the weekly MBSR sessions and support of long-term learning. Please know that this course has far less of the drudgery of typical online classes and more attentive guided personal mindfulness practices which are far less stressful than most online learning.
Below are the details of this training, MBSR-SH. Use the Contact Form to advise Brant of your interests and ask questions.
- After reviewing the details of the course below complete the online MBSR Application . Then. . .
- Complete a brief conversation with Brant at some prearranged time. Reach out to him to arrange this.
- This course will be many hours of class time (1-1.5 hours one day per week) for 8 weeks. Plus. . .
- As part of your learning you are welcome to attend any of Brant’s mindful yoga classes, the Shared Meditation Evenings, and workshops. These all come with your registration and are an additional, optional way of practicing and learning. Details will be available after your registration.
- There will be a free MBSR Orientation on Thursday, April 7th ; 6 until about 7pm for those interested in the course. No obligation to register for MBSR. Just good information and meet some nice people.
- For the course we will be meeting each Thursday, 6 until about 8pm.
- The sixth class will be an extended nearly 3 hour mini-silent-retreat class; 6 until as late as 9pm
- Please make a commitment to do home practice each day you are not in class during the Program; up to 45 minutes. Home practice is at the heart of learning in this course
- Tuition is $250 for those who have applied by the Orientation day. After that tuition is $320.
- Also, you will be Brant’s guest at a subsequent in-person MBSR Silent Retreat once we are able to resume in-person classes.
- Payment plans and scholarships can be arranged for those with limited means. I will always find a way to admit you to class if you know this is, without-a-doubt, the right time. Contact Brant to discuss this.
- There will be classroom learning and practice of: Gentle, adaptive mindful movement, Body scan meditation, Sitting meditation, Walking meditation, Mindful breathing practice, Group dialogue, Interpersonal learning
- If you are currently in active treatment with an acute condition consult with your doctor, therapist or psychotherapist to provide the MBSR instructor their written or emailed recommendation/referral for MBSR prior to the beginning of the course. You may be asked to give your doctor or psychotherapist permission to talk with your MBSR instructor in order to support you appropriately if you and your healthcare provider believe it would be helpful. Participants often do this to better include their healthcare providers as partners in the learning process.
- The MBSR-SH training is held online this term. You will be provided a Zoom link for the full 8-week course once you have completed booking the course.
To enter the MBSR program you must 1) complete a brief conversation with the instructor. 2) Complete an online MBSR Application 3) after these you can arrange with the instructor for booking your reservation and payment of tuition.
Questions about MBSR? Learn more or contact Brant. MBSR Orientations are very helpful though not required.