Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: Stay-at-Home (MBSR-SH) Course Online
My traditional MBSR course, the one I have taught here for the past 12 years, has been adapted to the unique challenges and advantages of this era. It was devised for ease of access and relevance, availability and diversity of class-learning with me beyond the weekly MBSR sessions, and support of long-term learning. Please know that this course as far less of the drudgery of online interaction in typical classes and more attentive guided personal mindfulness practices which are far less stressful than most online learning.
Below are the details of this training, MBSR-SH. Use the Contact Form to advise Brant of your interests and ask questions or if you want to register for the course complete the MBSR Online Registration Form:
- After reviewing the details of the course below complete the online MBSR Application. With the advice of your instructor complete the written application if you are unable to completed online. Then. . .
- Complete a brief interview with Brant at some prearranged time. Reach out to him to arrange this.
- This course will be many hours of class time (1-1.5 hours one day per week for 8 weeks. Plus. . .
- As part of your learning you are welcome to attend one of Brant’s relevant-level yoga classes each week, the Shared Meditation Evenings, and some of Brant’s workshops. These all come with your registration and are an additional, optional way of practicing and learning. Details will be available after your registration.
- There will be an MBSR Orientation on Thursday, June 25th; 6 until about 7pm for those interested in the course.
- For the course we will be meeting each Thursday, 6 until about 8pm: July 9th through August 27th.
- The Thursday, August 13th class will be and extended nearly 3 hour mini-retreat class; 6 until about 9pm
- Please make a commitment to do home practice each day you are not in class during the Program; up to 45 minutes. Home practice is at the heart of learning in this course
- Tuition is $250 for those who have applied by the July 2nd. After that tuition is $320.
- Also, you will be Brant’s guest at a subsequent All-Day MBSR Retreat once we are able to resume in-person classes.
- Payment plans and partial scholarships can be arranged for those with limited means. Especially during this difficult time of corona virus, layoffs, and society change I will always find a way to admit you to class if you know this is, without-a-doubt, the right time. Contact Brant for details.
- There will be classroom learning and practice of: Gentle, adaptive mindful movement, Body scan meditation, Sitting meditation, Walking meditation, Mindful breathing practice, Group dialogue, Interpersonal learning
- If you are currently in active treatment with an acute condition consult with your doctor, therapist or psychotherapist to provide the MBSR instructor their written or emailed recommendation/referral for MBSR prior to the beginning of the course. You may be asked to give your doctor or psychotherapist permission to talk with your MBSR instructor in order to support you appropriately. Participants often do this to better include their healthcare providers as partners in the learning process.
- The MBSR training is held online this term. You will be provided a Zoom link once you have registered.
- There is a free online Orientation on Thursday June 25th.
To enter the MBSR program you must 1) complete a brief interview with the instructor 2) Complete an online or written MBSR Application 3) after these then arrange with the instructor for booking your reservation and payment of tuition.