Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course In-Person this Winter
Below are the details of this training. Use the Contact Form to advise Brant Rogers, the instructor, of your interests and ask questions.
- After reviewing the details of the course below complete the online MBSR Application . Then. . .
- Complete a brief conversation with Brant at some prearranged time via phone or at the MBSR Orientation. You can reach out to him to arrange this.
- This course will be many hours of class time (2.5 hours one day per week) for 8 weeks. Plus. . .
- As part of your learning you are welcome to attend any of Brant’s online mindful yoga classes, the Shared Meditation Evenings, and workshops. These all come with your registration and are an additional, optional way of practicing and learning. Details will be available after your registration.
- There will be a free MBSR Orientation on Thursday, January 13th ; 6 until about 7pm for those interested in the course.
- For the course we will be meeting each Thursday, 6 until as late as 8:30pm.
- There will be a 7 hour MBSR Silent Retreat on Sunday, February 27th; 10am to 5pm.
- Please make a commitment to do home practice each day you are not in class during the training; up to 45 minutes. Home practice is at the heart of learning in this course
- Tuition is $350 for those who have applied and arranged for payment by the Orientation day. After that date tuition is $425.
- Payment plans and scholarships can be arranged for those with limited means. I will always find a way to admit you to class if you know this is, without-a-doubt, the right time. Contact Brant to discuss this.
- There will be classroom learning and practice of: Gentle, adaptive mindful movement, Body scan meditation, Sitting meditation, Walking meditation, Mindful breathing practice, Group dialogue, Interpersonal learning
- If you are currently in active treatment with an acute condition consult with your doctor, therapist or psychotherapist to provide the MBSR instructor their written or emailed recommendation/referral for MBSR prior to the beginning of the course. You may be asked to give your doctor or psychotherapist permission to talk with Brant in order to support you appropriately if you and your healthcare provider believe it would be helpful. Participants often do this to better include their healthcare providers as partners in the learning process.
- Please arrange to bring a yoga mat, one or two firm blankets, and a pillow or bolster to prepare for gentle, appropriate movement practice and reclined practice.
To register and pay for the MBSR program you must 1) complete a brief conversation with the instructor. 2) Complete the online MBSR Application 3) after these the instructor will help you arrange for your place on the roster and provide directions for payment of tuition.