A SAMPLING OF THE DAY’S ACTIVITIES
The doors open at 4pm with Pipe Major Robin Scott’s invocation. Upstairs student gallery opens thereafter and at 5pm student recitals begin in the downstairs student stage. We go home at 8:30. Casual, saunter, visit, make yourself at home. This is your place. Come and go through the evening. Good restaurants nearby. Our lives meet here. Bring fiends and family. Enjoy!
Many thousands of you dear folks have come through these doors over the past decade. Come and join everyone and learn more about how our live’s meet here. Learn more about the passionate interests of your fellow students: the music some create and offer others to help celebrate life, beautiful hand-made creations that share beauty, heart-felt poetry, exquisite photography, Navajo-style rug weaving from shearing, spinning, dying, weaving, learn about the creation of local wines, see unique plants for your garden. Much more! Your passion and interests on display or to share as well? Let Brant know and he will help you set up to share.
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL FIND HERE STARTING AT 4pm:
– Unique Door Prizes! 100 Door Prizes in the upstairs gallery! From Let’s Play Toys, Artful Garden, Marie Pielage PT, Primrose and Tumbleweeds, Sue Fernald, Blooming Junction Nursery, Hillsboro Pharmacy, Summa Real Estate, Printing Solutions, Manaia Cafe, Hill Florist, New Hillsboro location for Five Star Guitar, Hillsboro First Community Credit Union, JoAnn Boatwright, Pete Suttner, Teresa Shelton, Stone Art & much more.
OUT FRONT AT 4pm:
Pipe Major Robin Scott will begin the festivities at 4pm outside with a bagpipe invocation. Learn about the bagpipe and the fascinating culture of this music from this world renown Pipe Major.
DOWNSTAIRS STUDENT STAGE MUSICIANS:
– 5pm Guitar Recital – with student AndrewBishop
– 6pm Violin Recital – With student Juliana Matragrano
– 7pm The early era music group Los Grillos, with some long-time students Tony and Heather, will perform, 7pm – 8pm with time to visit afterwards to visit and look over their hand-made early era music.
UPSTAIRS STUDENT GALLERY OPENS AFTER THE 4PM INVOCATION:
– Long-time student JoAnn Boatwright’s exquisite photography: regional beauty and details of domestic life
– Beautiful Jewelry – Beadwork by student Teresa Shelton
– Poetry about Yoga and Mindfulness. Student Laura Sawyer shares her heart with her words: Laura’s Poems
– Teacher Sue Fernald’s Beautiful Watercolor Paintings
– The Creative Edge of Fashion. Student Tammy Ball will bring some exquisite examples of her beautiful purses and perhaps some of her clothing creations. A sampling:
– Student Bill Pressly’s Handmade Unique Warre’ Bee Hives (no bees!) – sometimes called in French, “ruche popular” or “The Peoples’ Hive”
– Student Pete Suttner’s beautiful black and white photography
– Beautiful Plants on Display from student Grace’s amazing nursery Blooming Junction
– Navaho Style Rugs from shearing to weaving student John will display and visit with you in the upstairs studio gallery.
– Photos by Adrianne Galvez
– Photos of Brant as a young whipper snapper yoga teacher:
– Out front see a vintage drag race car that long-time student Lori will talk about and bring one!
– Downstairs there will be a “History Wall” of articles about and by Yoga Hillsboro and The Stress Reduction Clinic.