THE CALENDAR OF WEEKLY CLASSES, CLINICS AND WORKSHOPS.
Join teachers Karen Huffman & Christine Goodner (two experienced & highly trained Suzuki Teachers) for this one of a kind Suzuki Early Childhood Music Class in the Portland Area! Birth to age 4 children develop: Rhythm & Singing Skills, Listening & Concentration, Fine & Gross Motor Skills, Self Confidence & Self Expression, Language, Melodic Awareness, and much more. Details or to register: DaCappo, (971) 678-5562 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Classes on October 6th or Thanksgiving.
We introduce a physically more lively practice including Inversions, backbends, rigorous flow. Mindfulness during practice emphasized.
I am offering these Morning Meditations this term as a way of supporting you and those near you with a safe, still space to begin your day. There is no formal registration or formal regimen. We will begin at 7am and complete practice at 7:55 so you can be on your way by 8am.
In Kindness – Brant
Below are some details that may be helpful:
- Times & Days: Wednesdays and Sundays. 7 – 8am during Winter Term.
- Location: The Stress Reduction Clinic & Yoga Hillsboro’s classrooms.
- Flow of Practice: Sitting Practice, Mindful Walking, Sitting Practice, Reclined Awareness Practice, Talk or Sharing Poetry and Readings, Depart
- Courtesies: Please hold silence as practice begins at and move quietly to a place if you arrive after we begin. Use the props you need to be comfortable and safe.
- Tuition: There is no tuition for this class. In the spirit of meditation-based communities you may donate something if you wish though there is no expectation whatsoever. There is a small ceramic box on the prop shelf if you wish to leave something.
Nia ~ a fitness/dance/healing movement practice that draws on the martial, dance and meditative arts. It blends inspiring, soulful music with moves that make your body flexible & strong, your mind focused & relaxed.
Contact Laurie at this link to register: HERE
A safe and friendly introduction to yoga, appropriate for those wanting to try an accessible form of yoga We will practice movements that teach yoga alignment in ways that are available to most everyone. We will practice relaxation as well as develop strength and flexibility. Easy and modified yoga poses will be explored. Your physician should release you for general physical activity.
You may be able preregister on-line for this course through Tuality Healthcare: registration