Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-Week Program
The 8-Week MBSR Program is an experiential learning course developed 30 years ago as a complement to self-care, medical care and therapy. Here are the details to this training:
- Attend an optional, free 1.5-hour Orientation Session (dates below). These are open for anyone with interest in the training
- Complete a brief interview with the instructor
- Provide the instructor with a completed MBSR application
- 22 hours of class time (2.5 hours one day per week for 8 weeks). Meeting each Thursday, 6-8:30pm: April 13th – June 1st.
- A Saturday silent retreat (about 6 hours): May 20th; 2 – 8:30pm.
- Your commitment to do homework each day you are not in class during the Program: 45 minutes
- Tuition is $290 for applications processed until one week prior the first day of MBSR class at the Orientation and then tuition increases to $360.
- Payment plans and partial scholarships might be arranged for those with limited means. Contact the instructor for details.
- Classroom learning and practice of:
- Gentle, adaptive mindful movement
- Body scan meditation
- Sitting meditation
- Walking meditation
- Mindful breathing practice
- Group dialogue
- Interpersonal learning
- If you are currently in active treatment with an acute condition consult with your doctor, therapist or psychotherapist to provide the MBSR instructor their written or emailed recommendation/referral for MBSR prior to the beginning of the course. You may be asked to give your doctor or psychotherapist permission to talk with your MBSR instructor in order to support you appropriately. Participants often do this to better include their healthcare providers as partners in the learning process.
The MBSR training is held in the instructor’s well-equipped, safe and comfortable classrooms.
To register for the program you must 1) complete a brief interview with the instructor and 2) complete and submit the application.
Free Orientation Dates: